Friday, July 10, 2009

Celebrating 5 years

I can not believe that Ben and I have celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary (Friday). Time has flown by! I thought I might take a little trip down memory lane to celebrate this landmark anniversary. Sadly, most of our pictures are on film. I tried to take pictures of my pictures, but that didn't work out too good.

The night that we got engaged. Ben proposed on the rooftop of the Peabody hotel in Memphis. The moment that I said "yes" fireworks went off. I looked at Ben thinking there is no way he could have planned that. He didn't, the Redbirds were in town and someone had just hit a home run. But it made the scene even better. In case you can't tell in the picture, I was beside myself.



This is one of my favorites from our wedding.





Ben and I got married the summer before our 5th year of college. So after our honeymoon we packed up and moved to Searcy. Ben and his family had already moved all the big stuff into our apartment. I was seeing it for the first time!



We have been on a few trips since we have been married. Most of them were compliments of Ernst and Young (where Ben used to work). If he was working out of town for more than 2 weeks in a row he had the option to come home on the weekend, or they would pay for me to go to him. We took advantage of it a few times. Our favorite place was Seattle, but we also went to Orlando, Atlanta, Fresno, and LA. Most recently was our trip to Jamaica. Even though we went in March it was our 5th anniversary trip.

Ben and I have experienced a lot in the 5 years that we have been married. I would not change a single thing about any of it. To wrap it up I thought I would tell about a few fun facts about us and our first 5 years:

1. Ben is the most generous person I know. He would give a stranger the shirt off his back. I love the random acts of kindness he shows when we are out in the community.
2. Growing up with girls I didn't even know the toilet seat went up....that is until one sleepy night when I stumble into the bathroom and plunge straight into the toilet. In our first few weeks of marriage that happened multiple times.
3. We both love travelling, watching movies, playing games, and sporting events.
4. I shop frequently and spend small amounts of money. Ben rarely shops, but spends a lot when he goes.
5. Ben is the BEST present giver EVER. His presents are unexpected and perfect.
6. I am the handyman around the house. Ben handles all the electronics.
7. Ben can make me laugh at any time. (Even when I am trying to be mad.)
8. Ben is one of the only people in the whole world that understands my obsession with chewing with your mouth closed.
9. Both of our professions are centered around math...me as a 6th grade math teacher and Ben as an accountant.
10. At the beginning of our marriage Ben only ate chicken, beef, and green beans. He is the one who got us both addicted to sushi.
11. Our marriage is centered on God and his commandment to love and respect one another.
We have learned a lot in our 5 years. I can't wait to see what the next 5 years will be like!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both (again)! You've certainly got a marriage centered on God and on each other and it's a wonderful thing to watch:) We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara... i am also one of the few people that understands how important it is to chew with your mouth closed.. gum, food..doesn't matter.. WE are not COWS!

    ReplyDelete