A few years ago Ben and I attended a conference called Love and Respect that completely changed our marriage. The concept of Love and Respect is based on Ephesians 5:33 which states, "However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." Dr. Emerson Eggerich and his wife Sarah each speak during the conference. He is hilarious!Ben and I both enjoyed the conference and use the tools that they suggest often in our "dealings" with each other. Not only does the conference help with your marriage but also with dealing with all the men or women in your life. I find myself using the respect tools with my younger brother and boys in my classroom.
Anyways, I could go on for days about how great the whole thing is but it would be better if you could experience it yourself. Love and Respect is coming to Memphis!!! Below are the details:
Where: Bellevue Baptist
When: August 14 6:45pm-10pm and 15th 8:45am- 1:30pm
Childcare is available for the low price of $10
Bellevue is also helping out with the cost. I think it is only going to be $40 for a couple.
The Bellevue website allows you to sign up, get more info, and watch a few video clips:
This is the Love and Respect website:
I truly hope each of you consider going to this amazing event. If you need help convincing your husband to go, tell him to ask Ben about it. He will highly recommend it. Oh, another great thing is you don't have to split up into groups to share or anything like that. Your marriage will be blessed by this event.
I'm working on it, Sara! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, THANK YOU for telling everyone about this Sara! Nick and I have the DVD's and have really enjoyed/been challenged by them. This conference and material is such an important foundation of marriage! I'm glad you and Ben have benefited from it, and hopefully many of our friends can too now!
ReplyDelete