Saturday, August 29, 2009

Crockpot chicken changed my life

Ok - so maybe this is common sense to some people... but I have just recently been introduced to crockpot chicken. In case you don't know, I detest boiling and cubing chicken so badly that I have been known to resort to canned chicken. I don't like the way it smells, looks, or how badly I always burn myself in an attempt to shred the chicken just the way that I like it. (Not that canned chicken is any better than this). I especially don't like the white film that is created when the chicken is boiling.

So the other day my friend Whitney says to me, "You know you can cook chicken in a crockpot with a little bit of water and it will shred just like your chicken tacos. Don't you?" NO! I never thought of that. So I tried it the other day. Before I left for work I put 2 large chicken breasts in the crockpot with about 1/2 cup of water and set the timer for 5 hours. I couldn't wait to get home and see if this genius idea would really work. As I run through the door I can smell the chicken. I open the lid to take the chicken out and...it was so tender that it was falling apart each time I "forked" it. I transferred it into a bowl and began to shred all of it together thinking to myself the entire time.."This is going to change my life forever!" I can now eat real chicken, nicely shredded, with no burns, or yucky white film.

Which leads me to the title of my entry "Crockpot chicken changed my life." It is the small things in life that make me so happy. I hope if you have never tried this trick that it will change your life too! Thanks Whit!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I never knew that either and really HATE boiling chicken too. So thank you! You have now changed my life! lol

    Glad things are going so well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete