Monday, August 17, 2009

School Daze

The summer has come to an end, and another school year has begun. I am 6 days into my 5th year of teaching and already I am "dazed." This year has started off with more of a bang than ever before. After 6 days we have had 3 schedule changes, switched students from one team/class to the other, lost a teacher on our team, gone from five 60 minute classes to four 80 minute classes, and to top off the day today...someone wet their pants!! Don't be confused by this...I still teach 6th grade.

I have worked every night since school started and even on Saturday and Sunday! It has been busy and stressful..and I haven't been able to talk about it without crying. But, finally things seem to be getting worked out.

So far it seems like I have pretty good students (minus the few "pain in the rear end" kids that you have every year). And, I am REALLY excited that I am only teaching Math this year instead of Math and Social Studies.

So, here's to another year.... 6 days down and 174 to go.

3 comments:

  1. You can do it! Hopefully things will stay calm for a little bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the spirit! God will never give you more than you can handle - we're praying for things to get better every day:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a rough start! Hope things get easier for you soon and you don't have to work so much extra time.

    ReplyDelete